To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Please tell me this is temporary

I am injured and I am hoping it is temporary.

In May I registered to run my first ever half marathon.  I have been running with this goal in mind for almost six months...more than half of little Elena's life.  I have been training for the half since mid September.  I have sacrificed sleep, energy, and time.  I am healthier, stronger, and faster than I have ever been in my life.  Now, I am injured.

The top of my foot starting hurting during the last mile of my 10 mile run on Saturday.  I did not run on Sunday and babied my foot all day.  I tried to run this morning and my foot hurt as soon as I put on my shoe.  I took three steps down the street and came home.  Frustration....

I went to the running store today and talked with a very helpful woman and bought new shoes.  I am praying this helps and I am back to normal in a few days.  The half is November 20th.

I have struggled with my desire to run.  Is it the right thing for me and my family at this time in our life?  I pray about this everyday.  I have faith that it is the right path for me.  I hope this is not God's answer to the contrary.

I guess I keep praying....

No comments:

Post a Comment