To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Traveling is tough...

I spend a better part of my summer by myself with all four kids.  We have lots of fun playing and visiting with family and friends.  We experience amazing things that would just never happen at home.  But, it is exhausting...

I love my children more than anything, but being 8, 5, 3 and 1, they are a challenge!  Things that normally exist in our lives do not for about six weeks.

We are without our normal daily routine.
We are in other people's houses and have different rules to follow.
We spend way too much time in our car.
We eat and sleep differently.
We don't pray together as regularly.
We are without our Daddy.

I try really hard to keep things moving smoothly, but some days are just really tough.  I am tired.  The kids are tired.  I yell too much.  I fuss too much.  I sigh too much.

Drew, knowing all this to be true, sent me the most wonderful email last week.  I think about it several times a day and reread it regularly.  It is my lifeline this summer and probably beyond!


I heard a song this morning for the first time. The first verse seems like it was written for you. 

It is a new single "Do Everything"  from Stephen Curtis Chapmen's new cd. 

You are awesome at what you do. What probably seems mundane to you has a profound impact on our kids and me. God is with you through it all, and you glorify Him every day. You really do "tell the story of grace with every move that you make and every little thing you do". 

I love you

Drew

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
We’ll let me remind you it all matters just as long as you
Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do

No comments:

Post a Comment