To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Running the Race

Last night I shared one of my favorite scriptures with Drew.  It is Hebrews 12:1-2.  We talked about the different meanings it has for me.  Then, this morning the sermonette on KSBJ was on this very verse...interesting, don't you think???


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

There are several other verses in the chapter that are just rich with meaning:

vs 7 "Endure hardship as discipline..."
vs 12-13 "Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.  Make level paths for your feet..."
vs 28 "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."

Each day I have little races I must run....the race to get ready for school, the race to get things accomplished while kids nap, the race to get dinner on the table, the race to get homework completed, the race to get kids to bed, the race to _____________ (fill in the blank).  The races are never-ending and hard.  These races require strength I don't always possess. 

Am I glorifying God by the way I run these races....probably not on most days.  I guess it would depend on the moment, the child, the day.  But, the training each race provides makes the next race easier or smoother.  I have a better plan of action, a better mindset, a calmer heart and mind. 

I have many races to run this week.  I probably have more races scheduled than I should.  However, I know that all my past discipline has strengthened me so I can run the races with perseverance.  God is there for me.  All I have to do is ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment