To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Friday, February 25, 2011

PAUSE

One of the ladies in my Good Morning Girls group challenged us all to pick a word for the year.  It is something she is doing through her church and she had lots of positive things to say about it.  So, I thought for a good long time about what my ONE WORD would be.  How do you pick ONE WORD to define your year.  After much thought, I kept coming back to ONE WORD....PAUSE.

Pause as defined by dictionary.com in noun form is:  a temporary stop or rest, especially in speech or action. Pause defined as a verb means: to dwell or linger.  

I go, go, go all day long and into the late evening.  When I am sitting I am doing something.  I rarely just watch tv or read a magazine.  My mind is almost always "on" too.  I envy my friends who can "shut off" their brain/thoughts because I just can't do that.  Even when I run, I am thinking "this is your long run, slow down", but I always speed up.  It is a good and a bad thing for me.

With four awesome children, life is busy.  There is always a need to be filled, an argument to mediate, a place to go, etc.  I can only imagine that life will get busier and my need to think about PAUSING will be even greater.

So, PAUSE!  I want to PAUSE to play with my kiddos even when I should be making dinner or folding laundry.  I want to PAUSE to read the story slower because who knows how much longer they will want Mommy to read to them at bedtime.  I will schedule a PAUSE break in my schedule to have special dates because the potential exists that I may be uncool someday.  I will PAUSE to look at them when they speak so each one of them knows how much they mean to me.

I realistically know that I won't have PAUSE moments every day, but I can try.  The more I practice PAUSING the more of a habit it will be!  So, in 2011 I will be PAUSING with my children because I don't want to wake up one day when they are grown with too few memories of the every day moments!  I will dwell in my children and love it because I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment