To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Treasures on Earth

It occurred to me today that I have wonderful things in my kitchen that I rarely use.  I don't use them because I don't want to break them or make them look old.  Isn't that ridiculous?!

Last year for Christmas Drew with some "help" from the kids made me a beautiful cutting board.  It is simply wonderful and I have used it maybe ten times.  He gave it to me almost fourteen months ago...just dumb on my part!

This year for Christmas I was given such pretty wooden spoons of different varieties from my mom and Joe.  I use them some, but I still find myself reaching for the ugly, cheap plastic ones.  Really???

Jesus says in Matthew 6:19-20  “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 

What good are my wonderful wooden cutting board and utensils going to be to me in heaven.  The answer is a big fat nothing!  God has filled my life with wonderful people who have given me great gifts.  I am actually doing them, as well as me, a disservice by not using the things given to me.  I am not totally ready to give up my plastic spoons. When I finish a run, I always think "what are you saving it for".  So, from now on there will be no more "saving" in my kitchen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment