To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catching up...

I feel like I spend a lot of time catching up on everything.  There is always something that must be done so the things that I want to do get pushed to the background (except running!!).  This week is the first week of summer vacation.  We have lots on the schedule....lots of fun things planned.  However, I plan to catch up on my "to do" list so the rest of the month can be filled with fun!  These are great examples of me being behind. 

Emma graduated from "Sparks" at AWANA on May 16th. She has attended the program with her friend Ashlynn for three years.  She has learned lots about the Bible, lots about how much God loves her, and memorized lots and lots and lots of verses.  At the graduation ceremony she had to say a verse of her choosing.  She picked Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loves at all times".   She and Ashlynn said it together.  It melted my heart. 
Emma and her awards!
We are in the process of redoing our family room.  That includes new walls, new paint, a new window, new shelves, new finish work, and new carpet.  We - and by me, I mean Drew - is doing most of the work.  All our free time during the week and the weekends is spent working on the room.  This is another reason I am behind on my normal stuff.  Emma, Jonah, and Samuel love to "help".  Sometimes they actually do help, but mostly not so much.  This project will take all summer and I am praying that we are finished by Halloween. 

Samuel wearing his tool belt and all ready to help!
On a much more recent note, Emma finished second grade on Thursday, June 2.  The 2nd grade awards were on Thursday and I was so proud of Emma.  She received awards for all "A" honor roll for the year and all "E's" for conduct all year.  She worked hard all year and is ready for a fun summer!

Emma and Ashlynn during the ceremony.
As for running, it has not taken a background to anything.  I am still rising before the sun to get in my runs.  I really have no other choice for many reasons.  The most pressing reason at the moment is the heat.  My goodness it has been hot and 6am is the only reasonable time to run.  This weekend was a light weekend...only 11 miles on Saturday and 4.3 miles today.  Tomorrow I am going to a running class offered by Masterpiece Fitness.  I am excited to see what it has to offer.  Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment