To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Running forward

I woke up early to run this morning with a friend and she cancelled on me.  A little frustrated about being up an hour earlier than needed, I set off on my run by myself really needing to run.  I needed to run for many reasons and I decided those 45 minutes would be the foundation for my day.

I am already tired and it is only Tuesday.  I have lots of miles to run this week and I am nervous about this.  I woke up with a sore throat and am petrified about getting sick on the week of a 20 mile training run.  The rain yesterday caused the already leaking breakfast room ceiling to leak even more.  I feel like I have not made any progress on my FOCUS goals for the year.  My house is a mess and laundry is everywhere.  I feel like I am moving in circles instead in a forward motion.

So, on this run I prayed like a crazy woman for direction and guidance.  I prayed for patience and grace to fill my words today.  I know this will be needed with my sweet kiddos.  I prayed that God would guide my day and it will be what it will be.  I prayed that for today I accept this with my whole heart.

I was supposed to have a nice and easy 5 mile run.  The funny thing about this run is that I ran it way too fast, but it did not feel hard one little bit!  I think God moved my legs faster than planned so I could "run away" my frustrations and negative thoughts.  I felt renewed when I arrived home.

So, here is to moving forward today!

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans."  Proverbs 16:3


3 comments:

  1. I totally wish I could run part of your 20 miler with you. I'm injured, and not running at all right now ("slogging", in the pool) so a 20 miler sounds delicious.

    Sending you bright thoughts and prayers that you stay healthy and get some extra sleep this week so you will be strong on your 20 mile run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have wonderful strength and spirit. You will do wonderful this week on the roads and at home!!!

    ReplyDelete