To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy July 4th

It does seem strange to celebrate a holiday in the middle of the week, but we made a fun day of it.  The kiddos were super tired from the two previous fun filled days.   Instead of spending the day at the pool we hung out at the house playing games.  It was like game-palooza with everyone playing something.  It was a fun afternoon and the kids did not miss being at the pool for one second.
Kristin and Joe with the kids
In the late afternoon we went to my sister Kristin and her husband Joe's house for a cookout.  We had a yummy meal followed by a trip to Twin Kiss.  Twin Kiss is one of my all time favorite places to eat.  It is a small town place that has yummy food and great ice cream.  The root beer floats are so good, but we all opted for the traditional soft serve cone....still so good!  We also did a little tree climbing.  Well, everyone except me.  I was taking pictures!








We did a few fireworks with the kids, but the main highlight of the evening was catching fireflies.  We don't have fireflies in Texas and it makes me sad that my kiddos can't catch them like I did as a kid.  They LOVED it.  The whole idea of a bug that lights up and lets you catch it was so exciting to them.  Elena was a little nervous about catching bugs at first, but she caught on pretty quickly. It was like another form of fireworks for the kids!
Grammy and Grandpa with the kids
Happy 4th of July from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment