To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

31 miles

I remember the first time I almost ran 100 miles in a month. It was November 2010 and I ran 99 miles. I was so annoyed I missed 100 miles by one mile. Since then I always check my monthly mileage with a few days to go each month. For the past 18 months I have run well over 100 miles each month. That all changed this month.  I knew there was no reason to look.

Despite a hip injury in May and June I still ran well. In June I broke my toe and still ran well. But, with my toe not healing I barely ran in July. In fact, according to Daily Mile I ran just 7 days. 7 days!! In 7 days I ran 31 miles. It is a little strange to run so little, but I know I needed the rest.

The time off worked to some degree. My toe is healed. It is stiff when I finish running, but there is no pain when I run!!!  Unfortunately I tweaked my hip doing water aerobics.  Yeah,  water aerobics.  I am stretching and taking my steroids to ward off any inflammation.  I am praying with low mileage weeks and no speed work that my hip heals. I really don't want to take any more time off. I miss running and experiencing the feeling of total freedom when I am running.

So 31 miles is going to be worth it....right?  It is frustrating when the body does not do what you want it to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment