To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

When not running

I ran twice last week. Both runs were decent. By decent I mean I survived. I have lost lots of endurance and definitely speed. It is completely deflating. To make matters worse my toe still hurts. It has been a month and it still hurts. I decided I need to take more time off. No running for me for at least another week. I feel totally defeated and keep trying to figure out what I am supposed to learn from this experience. I know I should have stopped running when I first broke my toe. I did not and now I am paying for it. I know that is lesson number one. I also know there is something greater for me to learn. I am learning that I am not a total crab of a person if I don't run. It is hard, but I am trying. I have learned that I can't swim either. I can bike, but my bike is in Houston. I am not there. I am doing more strength training. Well, at least as much as I can without any weights. Parts of my body will definitely be stronger for this. I am praying more because I don't have exercise to rely on as my outlet. I know this is a wonderful thing and I am grateful for it. I certainly can't get through the day without prayer. My marathon training begins in 6 weeks. I have to have a healed toe by then. We will be in Vermont in three weeks. I really want to run there. It is my favorite place on earth to run. My primary goal is to be ready for marathon training. However, I am really praying I am ready to run in Vermont. I have accepted that I will be starting over completely in Vermont if I can run there. I am more and more okay with that each day. I learn something about myself each time I run. I may just be learning as much as I wait to run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment