To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Jonah is 7!!

Seven years ago today, Jonah came roaring into the world on the heels of Hurricane Rita.  You were 6 days over due.  My labor was crazy fast (think 30 minutes tops).  You were healthy and perfect after some initial scary moments.  Then just like that, you were so calm.  Jonah, you slept and ate perfectly.  You did not cry much.  You were such a go with the flow kind of baby.



Boy have times changed.  You are so different from those first few months.  You are a live wire all the time.  You have more energy than I knew could be possible.  You never sit still.  Maybe never is a strong word, but I am thinking 98% of the time you are moving.  Registering you for gymnastics was one of my best decisions.  You love it and get to move your body all the time.  If Daddy and I would let you go five days a week you would!  You like the challenge and none of it seems hard.  I pray you continue to love it and always remember that when it gets tough!
You feel deeply.  It does not matter if you are happy, sad, or indifferent.  You feel it 100%!  You can cry big tears and smile a big smile!  Once you feel an emotion, it is with you.  You stay sad for a long time or happy for a long time.  Jonah, I hope I can teach you to let go a little quicker.  I hate to see you so sad for so long.  Feel and move on buddy boy!

You are a character.  You enjoy being silly.  You make up dances.  You make silly faces.  But, you are also a rule follower.  You like for things to go as expected. Remember to be flexible Jonah.  It will make your life easier I promise.
I know this year is going to be a great.  First grade will be so fun for you.  You love to learn and to be with your friends.  Gymnastics will be awesome.  You are going to shine with your new skills and confidence.  Trying basketball this winter will be a fun challenge.  I cannot wait to see you play a team sport!  And, you are now a Tiger Scout.  Phew, you are going to be busy and I know you will love every minute of it.

I am so proud of you silly boy!  You are confident.  You are strong.  You are amazing!  You are a true delight and I am so proud to be your mommy!

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.”  

1 comment:

  1. I loved looking at all the pictures! He has changed so much, but always had such a great smile. Happy Birthday Jonah!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete