To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, November 21, 2011

MT: Recap Week One

Well, the first week of marathon training was made so much more enjoyable because I was sick (notice hint of sarcasm!).  I am thanking my children for my head cold, which made running more challenging than normal!

I ran 38.5 miles.

My longest run was 12 miles and it was tough.  I did not feel great.  It was hot, humid, and windy.  I really would like for fall to arrive in Spring, TX because running in the 70's is not fun anymore.

I ran on the treadmill one time. 

I did one double run.  Drew was out of town for part of the week so I knew running at night would be easier than in the morning.  I ran 7 miles Wednesday morning and 4 miles that night on the TM.  My legs were fine with the double run so I see this happening again in the future.

My body is feeling good except for my foot.  This will be an issue every week.  The only cure is to stop running...um not happening right now! 

All in all it was a good week!  15 weeks until the marathon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment