To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

In light of my continued heavy heart because of the situation at Penn State, I have no choice but to focus on my blessings.  I must remember to be thankful.

I admit that I woke up this morning in a foul mood.  I was grouchy with everyone in my house and it was completely unfair of me to act this way.  After a good mind clearing run (always good for me!), I re-started by day and changed my mindset! 

Today I am thankful for:

My children and their silliness
My husband who is a great provider for our family
My friends and a fun lunch with Kim today (a special treat)
Being able to do some Christmas shopping online (no lines and traffic!)
The smell of homemade applesauce in my house
The cool, crisp, sunny fall day
Being able to open my windows and have fresh air in my house
A leg that I think is on the mend!
Doing three loads of laundry and getting it all folded and put away in one day (small miracle!)
Watching Samuel nap...so cute!
Having doorknobs on our new cabinets
Being able to pick-up my race packet this afternoon
Playing Christmas music

So, despite my heavy heart I have much to be thankful for and I did not even list everything that came to my mind!  Following God's instruction really does work!!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment