To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Chosen Half Marathon

This past Saturday I had the awesome pleasure of running the Chosen Half Marathon.  I ran as part of a team raising money for the Post family who is in the process of adopting a Columbian boy.  In total I think approximately $2,000 was raised and thus the Post's are that much closer to bringing their son home!

I went because I wanted to run a half.  I thought it would be a great challenge to run a hilly course (it was).  I also loved the opportunity to raise money for the Post family.  I had no idea that I would be so blessed by the weekend and the other women who ran. 

Many of the other ladies are not runners.  They exercise, but they are not runners.  Several had only run 4-5 miles a few times before the face.  There is no way I would run 13.1 miles on minimal to no training.  But, these ladies were not afraid.  They knew they were running for a greater cause than themselves.  Inspiring!

Jenn, Dawn, Carla, Cystal, and Paula's goal was to finish under three hours.  I was prepared to wait and to cheer them on at the finish.  I passed them on the course and they all looked strong!  I was inspired!  I finished and I waited.  I did not wait too long.  Each one crushed their goal and it was amazing!  Many tears were shed and hugs were given.  Each lady ran for a greater purpose...ran on faith...and it carried them to the finish!  I learned more about really running from them than I have learned in the past year.  I hope I get to run with them again sometime soon!

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory 
that will be revealed in us. 
Romans 8:18 

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, 
who has been given to us. 
Romans 5:3-5
(Drew wrote down this verse for me before I left)

Oh, I ran a PR...1:54.47.  I was super proud of myself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment