To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reset

It never fails to be a rough morning when I don't run.  Without the run, I feel like I lack the extra something I feel after every run.  I am more easily annoyed.  I am more snippy when things happen that are less than fun.

This morning is the perfect example.

Emma was sad because her feather came out.

One of the boys wet the bed and now I am washing sheets...really!

Samuel whined, cried, and fussed from the moment he got out of bed at 6:30am....the morning tv show, getting milk to drink, Daddy being at Bible study, and what to have for breakfast!

Did I mention that all of this happened in 20 minutes!!! 

So, I am hitting the reset button.  I am choosing to be happy despite washing sheets at 7am.  I am choosing to be pleasant and kind to Samuel despite his less than enjoyable attitude.  I am choosing not to be snippy.  At my Bible study yesterday, the moms were encouraged to clothe ourselves in dignity, strength, goodness, self-control, patience, kindness, peace, and joy.  I plan to at least entertain putting on these articles of clothing today and maybe even wear them for parts of my day.  Dare I think I could possibly wear something...just one thing...on this list all day!  That is my prayer for myself this morning.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
   she can laugh at the days to come.
 She speaks with wisdom,
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
Proverbs 31:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment