To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friendships

I had the awesome pleasure of visiting with four of my wonderful friends this week.  That is a lot for me in one week and I am overjoyed about this!  I walked, I ran, and I sat all while getting to catch up with my friends and each visit was great!

I was thinking about how strange an occurrence this is and thought that was so sad.  We were created to be in fellowship with other people.  I believe that people need other people to thrive emotionally, physically, and spiritually.  God did not put us on earth to go at it alone.  So why is it hard to make time to be with my friends?

I am finding that the older my children get the harder it is to make time for friends.  I thought life got easier when babies became toddlers and toddlers preschoolers and so on.  I guess that is not the case.  My schedules and my friend's schedules so rarely coordinate that I think this week is truly a gift.

I feel very blessed to know that my friends are still there for me and me for them even if we don't "talk" for a few weeks.  I think our friendships have a strong root system and small periods of no interaction do not have a negative impact.  I keep wondering about root systems because we are in the middle of a horrible drought.  Every where I look I see dead trees right next to trees that are green.  I would think all die or all live especially when planted next to each other. 


Could my friendships "die" that easily?  Could I underestimate the strength of a friendship?  It is possible, but I plan to water my friendships regularly to keep them alive.  I need to schedule more weeks like this.  Weeks filled with time with my friends so I feel watered as well as my friendships.  I would rather have thriving friendships and dirty dishes in the sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment