To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Good for my soul

This has been a challenging week.  My grandma is quite ill and was placed in hospice care on Wednesday.  Lots of tears and emotions and "what to do" now thoughts in my head all week.

My friend Kim has also had a really crappy, emotional week.  Life has just not gone as we expected it to and so what did we do about it?

We decided that a girl's night out was needed and it was definitely fun.  We were able to enjoy the wonderful weather we are currently experiencing.  We ate wonderful Italian food at Grotto's....so yummy.  I ate way too much pasta, but it was yummy.  And, we both had awesome desserts (dark chocolate cake and toffee mousse cake).  I might just explode, but every bite was worth it.

Better than the food was time away from my thoughts.  It is so nice to have a friend who will listen to my junk if need be, but also talk about totally random and silly things too.  We had so much fun talking and laughing about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Having girlfriend time was even better than my dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment