To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

15 years today

When I first saw Drew I did not care much for him.  I know that is awful to say and I was being crazy judgmental, but it is true.  Thankfully, he continued to talk to me and something inside of me thought "I may just like this guy!"

I was a freshman in college when I met Drew.  I had been at school for three weeks.  Drew was a junior.  By Thanksgiving I knew I was going to marry him. I just had to make sure he knew that and I think he figured it out pretty quickly as well.  Three years later while hiking through the mountains of West Virginia he asked me to marry him.  One year later we were married....six weeks after I graduated.
We look so young....22 and 24!
Fifteen years we have been married.  Fifteen years of the most amazing memories.  Fifteen years filled with tears, laughter,  and some fussing (we don't fight and it is true!).  Fifteen years filled with making a house a home and becoming a family of six!  Fifteen years of growing and loving and accepting each other for who we are.  Fifteen years of following God's plan for our lives whether we wanted to or not. 
Family of three Venice, FL 2003...hurricane coming!
Drew's graduation from Rice in 2005...pregnant with Jonah and sun in our faces
Ski trip 2006




Family of four...Outer Banks 2006
Family of five....Easter 2008
Pregnant with Elena 2009
Family of six March 2012
Beaver Creek 2012
I honestly cannot think of one moment I would change....not one thing.  I love Drew more now than the day I married him and I did not think that was possible at the time!

I bought this magnet for our refrigerator this past Christmas.  I don't know who wrote it, but it summarizes a great marriage so well....

A good marriage must be created.  In marriage, the little things are the big things.  It is never being too old to hold hands.  It is remembering to say I love you at the end of each day.  It is never going to bed angry.  It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.  It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.  It is giving each other a safe place in which to grow.  It is not only marrying the right person.  It is being the right partner.

We are celebrating our marriage and our life together by spending a long weekend in New York City!  I love being your wife and your partner in this life...our life! I love you Drew Mann!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.

 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 
1 Corinthians  13: 4-8, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment