To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer trouble is here!

My children are driving me crazy!!  I think this is bad since it is only the first full week of summer vacation.  I am hoping that we are all just adjusting to being together all the time. 

Jonah seems to have the most difficulty with everyone and I need to figure this out quickly.  He is argumentative with everyone, snippy, and defensive.  Most of the time he starts the problem, but does not want to accept much responsibility in the matter.  ARGH!!!  Apparently we have lots to work on this summer.  Again, I hope we are all adapting to new routines.

That being said, I do love the more leisurely pace of our days.  We still have gymnastics every afternoon.  But, we get to have fun all day long.  Parks, swimming, and play dates fill our days.  I have set aside one day a week to stay at home and regroup as a family and clean the house!  The kids love this day....not really!

Maybe the leisurely pace is what is messing with Jonah.  The boy thrives on structure.  I will have to think about this.

I am also considering an unplugged day each week....no tv or computer all day.  It would be good for us.  It would also be a challenge.  TV is my go to when I have to get things accomplished like phone calls, dinner, or exercise.  Still, I think we will try it!

Moms---what are you doing this summer to keep things running smoothly?  Do share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment