To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One overdone momma!




Have you ever had a week where everything seems to go wrong.  These types of weeks don't seem to happen during a "light" week.  They always happen when there is already too much to accomplish.  For me, the past 10 days have put me on the brink of a minor breakdown.  Some days I think it may be a major breakdown.

Since we have returned from NYC Jonah has been diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia and received another head injury requiring staples.  Emma had her birthday.  I am still dealing with my broken toe.  We have had lots of responsibilities at church to fulfill.  Oh, and I have to plan and pack for five people for six weeks.  This is just on top of all the normal stuff I have to do.  I have nothing going on.

Monday I reached my breaking point when Jonah injured his head again.  The injury was a total accident. Jonah was sitting on a circle mat at the gym when it was bumped and he rolled into the wall.  He hit his head on a bolt.  Having to listen to my poor baby cry and scream as he received four staples in his lower head was more than I could take.  Instead of crying I had to be the strong one telling him it would be okay....to breathe...to be brave....it would be over soon.  All I wanted to do was cry with him.

Later that night I saw this posted on Proverbs 31 Facebook page.  I felt like it was speaking directly to me because I was definitely running on empty.

 

It was such a needed reminder.  It was one of the verses I memorized for my marathon and I think about this verse regularly.  Being a stay at home mom with four kids results in me failing quite regularly.  My life would not be nearly as neat and organized as I like to think it is without prayer and without God.  He is definitely the one who picks me up several times a day!

As this week progresses I have just decided to be even more faithful to prayer.  I have lots to do, but I know that God has a plan for each of my days.  I just have to have faith in Him.  He knows what I need to accomplish before we leave.  He knows what I need to take care of Jonah...all the my kiddos, but especially Jonah at this moment.  He knows what I need to survive this week with a smile on my face and kind words (most of the time!) on my lips.

He has already provided.  Tuesday I had a great dinner with a good friend.  It was so fun to catch up and chat!  A little time away was refreshing.  I was able to run today despite crazy foot pain.  It was still worth it.  I know little gifts will come my way in the next two days as well.  God is faithful like that!

For great is His love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!
Psalm 117:2

No comments:

Post a Comment