To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Morning Girls

Today began my journey with my Good Morning Girls group.  I discovered this group reading the Women Living Well blog.  I am in a group with five other women three of whom I know and two that I do not know.  The challenge is to read the Bible each morning and then communicate about your reading via email to your group.  Each day I will receive or start an email about God's word.  Isn't that exciting?!

I was honest with my group telling them that I won't be doing my devotion time in the morning.  That is when I run and that time is non-negotiable.  So, I am reading at night before bed.  I actually think this is better for me in that I get the extra time on my run to think about what I read.

The scripture I read today was Psalm 37.  It discusses good vs. evil.  The beginning spoke to me the most.  Trust in the Lord and do good; commit your way to the Lord; Be still before the Lord; and Refrain from anger.  If you do these things, you will enjoy great peace!  Isn't that awesome?!  Giving it all over to God is hard to do all the time especially for a control freak like me.  However, I know that I can't control everything...four kids taught me that really quickly. 

What I can control is giving up control.  When I do that, things just seem to work out better than if I had done it myself.  My prayer for myself as I begin this journey is to remember these promises each and every day.  I am excited to see what other nuggets of awesomeness I will discover either through my readings or those of my Good Morning Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment