To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the beginning

So, I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while for several reasons.  We live in Texas which is super far from any of our family.  This is going to be a great way for family and friends to see what our life is like from day to day!  With four kiddos, there is lots going on in my life so there is lots to share.

I am not into scrapping.  I don't have time for that and I don't really think I am creative enough to design scrapbook page after page.  This is my way of scrapbooking and I think it will be much more fun for me and my family.

I also love reading blogs other women write.   The past six months have been about accepting challenges that I did not think I was capable of achieving.  Well, no more!  Committing to a blog and keeping it updated is going to be a challenge and I am excited.

So,  who are we?  I am a running mom with four kids.  I love to run, but since I have been pregnant a lot lately I have not run seriously in a good while.  I joined a boot camp in February six weeks after my baby was born.  My love for exercise was re-ignited and so was my desire to run.  I love running.  It is my time to be by myself and with four kids I cherish this time.  I feel energized when I am finished running..crazy I know!  Running makes me a better mom and wife so I run and run some more....

My kids are crazy and wonderful.  Emma is my oldest.  She is in second grade and just turned seven this summer.  She is beautiful in spirit, filled with energy, and my little momma.  Jonah is almost five and full of life.  He is so energetic and 100% dedicated to whatever he is doing at the moment.  His heart is big!  Samuel is 2 and full of terrible two moments on most days.  He is so cute and lovable.  Elena is my sweet baby...8 mos old already.  She is just so sweet, happy, and a true joy to us all.

I definitely have the best husband.  Drew and I have been married for 13 years and I love him to death!  He works hard for our family all day long and is our great spiritual leader!  I could not run if he did not support my efforts.

Stay tuned for updates on our family adventures!
Kortni

No comments:

Post a Comment