To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Running

I ran my longest run ever on Sunday...a little over 11 miles.  I learned some things during this run.  I did not have enough drink with me.  I will either have to take a third water bottle or drink more before I leave.  I also could have used some more gels or GU.   I did not have a big breakfast so that may have contributed to my lack of energy.

I started in the dark so I did not listen to my music for the first four miles.  I like running with my own thoughts for a while.  Somewhere in the middle miles I lost track of the music.  I have no idea what songs were playing nor do I remember what I was thinking.  I think I was just lost in the run which is good I guess. 

Now the only problem is that my knee and left quad hurt.  I rested yesterday and have not run yet today either.  I am wanting to run, but know I should wait another day since I have a 5K on Sat.  On the other, if I run today and it hurts I have three days to rest.  What to do????

No comments:

Post a Comment