To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Tempo Runs

Today I ran a tempo run.  It was four miles with the middle two at an 8:15 pace.  The problem was the pace in the middle was very inconsistent.  I ran the first tempo mile at 8:30 which was my goal time.  The second mile was 8:00 and I slowed down or it would have been faster.

I am new to running tempo runs.  I definitely have some work to do on recognizing my pace.  The good news was I was able to run that fast in the middle and still run my last mile.  Again, this is me focusing on the positive.

I am thinking that progressive runs are going to be my favorite and maybe what I do more frequently than tempo runs.  I like to start slow and finish fast.  In almost any run I "come home" way faster than I left.  I have the stamina and some speed.  Now, I just have to figure out how to best use it to my advantage during races.

This Saturday will be my first test on the path to my half in November.  I am running a 5K and I want to set a PR for 5K's.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment