To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baking Day

Emma, Jonah, Samuel, and I baked like crazy people today.  I love to make cut out sugar cookies at Christmas and I thought it would be fun to have them help me.  It was a little nutty at times, but overall it was fun.  They had fun picking the cookie cutters and decorating the cookies.  They are not the prettiest cookies ever made, but they are yummy!
Jonah holding up a "stocking"
Samuel with one of the cookie cutters
Getting ready to cut out some cookies
Some of the final products....sugar cookies!
Emma and I made peppermint toffee brittle too.  It is super simple....saltines, butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and candy canes.  Sometimes the easiest things are the tastiest!

Emma putting the saltines in the baking pan
Yum!
Finally, I made cranberry oatmeal bars.  I had never made them before, but oh they are good.  There is the best orange flavor that makes these bars delicious.
Cranberry Oatmeal bars (once I cut them!)
We are giving most of this food to our friends as Christmas presents.  Don't worry!  I will be saving some for us to enjoy too!

Samuel was so tired after all the baking that he fell asleep on the couch!

1 comment: