To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

MT: Recap Week Six

Six weeks of marathon training is in the books!  In ten weeks I will standing at the starting line (well way back in a corral but still!) getting ready to run 26.2!  WOW!!!

I ran 41.2 miles, which is my highest mileage week since training began in November.

The weather was awful most of the week.  I moved some runs around because of the rain and Christmas.  Running 15 miles on Christmas morning did not appeal to me!  I also felt horrible most of the week with lots of head and chest congestion.  That alone made each run harder than it needed to be!

My speedwork run was done on the treadmill.  It was raining and I had a late start so the TM it was.  It was actually better than I expected it to be.  It was also easy in that I set the pace at 8:13 and just ran.  My long run of 15 miles was fun.  I was not looking forward to it because of the weather, but it went well.  I loved looking at all the lawn's decorated for Christmas.  I ran through seven subdivisions, crossed over Louetta and Spring Cypress twice, and ran 1.5 miles on the Klein Collins HS track.  The variety kept it interesting!

My hip and foot hurt some after my long run, but the pain/discomfort is not any worse.  I think my foot may be slightly better...yeah!!

Bring it week 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment