To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Lights

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the lights.  Our block is one of the best.  Every house has lights and fun lights.  This year we switched to colored lights.  I decided that I should grow up and let the kiddos decide on the outside lights.  They wanted color so we went with colored lights and I actually like them.....ha-ha!

Two weeks ago we went with Mammy to Prestonwood to see the crazy, fun, themed decorated houses.  Each kid had hot chocolate and popcorn for the ride.  We especially enjoyed the "Twas the Texas Night Before Christmas" and the Christmas Story streets!  It was fun and festive as usual.

Tonight we went as a family to tour the lights in some nearby neighborhoods.  It was fun. Drew and I had our hot beverages and the kiddos were all dressed in pj's and their robes!  Our favorites tonight included Santa's sleigh on a house roof complete with moving reindeer, reading the candy cane story in one yard, and dancing lights to music at another house!  Elena loved all the blow up Santas. She says in the sweetest little Elena voice "ho-ho" every time she sees Santa!  The boys, of course, thought all the Santa helicopters were funny (I think they are strange).  Emma is old enough to enjoy the lights!

Samuel moving so I took another one
and now Elena is looking at who knows what!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say to all, seeing the Christmas lights in your neighborhood should be on everyone's bucket list. What a beautiful, amazing sight!

    ReplyDelete