To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Friday, February 10, 2012

5 Miles of Verses

My latest challenge is to memorize 26.2 scriptures for my marathon.  Really, I will be learning 27 or I hope to learn 27 verses to carry me through from start to finish.

Being that I find this to be a huge challenge (I am not great at memorizing stuff), I am picking short verses.  So, the five from this week were:

Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.  
Chronicles 15:7

Be sure of this, I am with you always even to the end of the age.  
Matthew 28:20

Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed.  
Proverbs 16:3

With God's help we will do mighty things.  
Psalm 60:12

Anything is possible if a person believes!  
Mark 9:23

The first verse listed already carried my mind through the last 2 miles of my 10 mile treadmill run today.  My plan is already working!

No comments:

Post a Comment