To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Orphan Hope Marathon

Yesterday Emma and I woke up super duper early because we had to drive to Huntsville.  We were volunteers at the Orphan Hope Marathon.  My friends were the race directors...how cool is that!

The Marathon was on trails, which is the reason I did not run.  I am not a dirty, muddy, trail kind of runner.  The marathon raised money for international safe houses for orphans.  What an amazing cause!

So, we arrived in the freezing (literally) cold weather and were put to work.  Emma and I helped set up a cupcake stand for the runners...an awesome post run treat!  We helped set up the marathon and relay turnaround point.  I also helped direct runners at the turnaround.  It was a long, cold morning, but it was very inspiring!  I loved being on the other side of a race and I was so thankful Emma gave of her time to be with me.  Emma was definitely a trooper!  She was super cold all morning!
Emma and I all bundled up!
Do you see the runners?  We were on the other side of the lake.
Emma was trying her best to stay warm at the cupcake station!
We did not stay until the end because it was a "people's marathon" (the course was open for 10 hours).  Emma and I did not have the stamina or time for that.  We had other commitments for Saturday.  However, it was a great way to give of our time in the morning!  I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment