To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

17 miles of verses

So, I decided to memorize 26 verses for my marathon and I have been diligently working my way to my goal.  This is hard.  I am not in the habit of memorizing anymore....I left that behind in college!  I scribble my verse for the day on paper and carry it with me all day.  Some days I have several papers in my pocket so I can review all day long.  I have given myself quite the assignment.

The first five were:

Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.  
Chronicles 15:7

Be sure of this, I am with you always even to the end of the age.  
Matthew 28:20

Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed.  
Proverbs 16:3

With God's help we will do mighty things.  
Psalm 60:12

Anything is possible if a person believes!  
Mark 9:23
My latest are verses are:
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.
 Jeremiah 29:11
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31
I have fought the fight; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith
2 Timothy 4:7
Let us throw off everything that hinders us and the sin that so easily entangles; let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1
I consider our current suffering are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us!
Romans 8:18
But glory in our sufferings for we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character hope; and hope does not put us to shame.
Romans 5:3-5
The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 

May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Psalm 20:4

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him.
Psalm 37:5

Humble yourself before the Lord; He will lift you up.
James 4:10

Since I like to think that everyday as a stay at home mom is a little like a marathon, I have already used these verses to supply my needs.  Everyday is tough and great!  The race is going to be tough and great!  I know God will get me to the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment