To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Choosing to see the positive

I do love being a mom.  I love my little people with all my heart.  I love being a stay at home mom.  I love raising my children to be healthy, happy, kind, generous, loving, respectful, confident God-loving people.  Thankfully God is joining me on this journey because He certainly knows Drew and I can't do this on our own! 

But, I don't love all the moments of my day.  Sometimes those little people grate my last nerve that probably was not very big to start.   Take this morning for example.  Samuel actually slept in which I thought would mean a good start to the day for him.  Well, I was so wrong.  He woke up and immediately started whining and crying for this and that.  I tried so hard..even prayed...that I would remain patient, but I just failed.  Seriously, it is disrespectful to wake on your own after 11 hours of sleep (a lot for him) and to be grouchy!  So, I told him that he was being the biggest pain in the butt in the world.  Not a great moment for me!    Thank goodness the Bible says this about some of my finer moments in mommyhood: 

God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
   his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
   How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
   He's all I've got left. 
Lamentations 3:22-24 The Message 

Some days I really feel like I need each morning to occur every hour!

Then there are the times when their plans get in the way of my plans.  That is all part of being a mommy...sacrificing and I am okay with that.  But, that does not make it any easier. 

Samuel has wanted to play soccer for the longest time and I have no idea why.  He just loves soccer.  I was finally able to register him for a spring league that begins this coming Saturday.  He was so excited and I was very excited for him.  However, my excitement waned a little or maybe a lot this morning when I saw the schedule.  Practice begins at 9am and his game follows at 9:45.  All of that is good if I wasn't registered to run a 10K on Saturday at 8am about a hour away.  Guess who won't be running a 10K on Saturday?  I am kind of sad about this because I was thinking pretty big goals for this race.  But, I also would not miss his first ever soccer game to run a race.  I am thinking the smile on his face on Saturday morning will erase my disappointment.

Now, I just pray he loves playing soccer as much as he loves the idea of playing soccer!

In their hearts humans plan their course,
   but the LORD establishes their steps. 
Proverbs 16:9 

Someday maybe I will learn this!

No comments:

Post a Comment