To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How am I FOCUSing?

I decided this would be my year to FOCUS.  For me, FOCUSing means

F:  Fully be in the moment and don't worry (so much) about what is happening next
O:  Open my eyes and heart to new experiences, ideas, and opportunities
C:  Cuddle with Emma, Jonah, Samuel, Elena, and Drew every day
U:  Use my and my family's gift to serve others
S:  Simplify our house and our lives
 
One-third of the year has passed by and I would say very quickly.  I found it hard to believe I was flipping the calendar to April on Sunday morning and sending my kids to school for only nine more weeks on Monday.   Time if flying and I don't think I am FOCUSing very well.

I will say that I am pretty good at cuddling.  Who does not love to cuddle with their children and hubbies?  I pray every day they know how much I love them. 

I am definitely working on simplifying our lives.  I have given lots of things to NAM and taken kids clothing to a local resale shop.  I have noticed small changes, but I need bigger changes.  The toys are next on the list.  Watch out kids!!

The F, O, and U are harder for me.  They are not my strength areas so I struggle.  Our sermon on Sunday was about living in a Kingdom that serves other.  Jesus came to serve...not just to hang out and do cool miracles.  He served everyone.  I can no longer say that my kids are too little.  Emma and Jonah are old enough to serve others so I plan to open my eyes to those opportunities. 

Finally, I AM going to be in the moment.  I actually thought to myself last weekend "don't ask Drew about his afternoon plans until we enjoy the race and its post activities"!  I was quite proud of myself.  Being in the moment and not thinking too far into the future is hard for a life long planner.  I am trying...baby steps!

So, for the next three months I hope to improve my FOCUSing skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment