To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Journaling

When Lent began I decided to add instead of take away.  I added nightly journaling with the purpose being to write about the positives in my day.  I did not want to re-read my thoughts and see negatives. 

Truly, it was one of my best decisions ever.  I really enjoyed writing and I did write just about every night before bed.  I liked thinking over my day and remembering how great my life is!  Even on the "hard" days there was ALWAYS a few positive/happy things.

As time neared to run the marathon journaling was amazing.  All my anxiety and confidence is written down for me to have forever.  I just know that it will be a huge help to reread that should I ever run another!

So, I love journaling and it became a part of my routine.  Then I left it in a hotel and it was gone.  I felt a huge loss when I realized everything...all my thoughts, my memories, my emotions for the past seven weeks were gone.  Thankfully, I called the hotel and they had it...phew!  Thankfully, my sister Kristin was able to pick it up and mail it to me. 

Waiting for it to arrive in the mail was daily torture for me.  Finally, it arrived on Monday and my smile was just so BIG!!!  I felt like a piece of me had returned.  I have been a writing fool since Monday afternoon!!  It is just the prettiest book ever!


1 comment: