To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Family fun at home

The past two weeks have been nuts. Jonah was diagnosed with mono and literally had a fever of 103 for five days.  He is finally on the mend.  Emma started getting sick this week.  She missed two days of school and came early on another day.   To top if off, my hip is killing me and I have not been able to run.  I am trying really hard not to worry about it too much.

I decided we needed to do something fun to make up for all the yuck!  Drew and I decided to have a family fun night Friday night.  Knowing that energy levels were low we planned a special dinner for our backyard.

We had a grilling night....all of our food was grilled and the kids could do it.  We had grilled corn, hot dogs, sausage, and s'mores.  We also had watermelon...not grilled.  The kids love to make fires and grill food.  It is like camping with only 10% of the work, which I love. 

We had so much fun.  The kids danced to music, ran, played, and enjoyed sitting by the fire with us.  Emma likes to organize events so she created a "welcome window" for us.


All in all it was a very fun evening.  The boys said it was the best fun ever!  I pray they remember these fun family activities when they are older!
Samuel helping daddy cut the wood







Elena was not a big fan of the s'more...all the parts yes....all together no!



No comments:

Post a Comment