Everyone must make this recipe. They are filling. They are easy to make. They are healthy!
Oatmeal Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal (old fashioned, not instant)
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey (if you spray the measuring cup lightly with cooking spray, it won't be so hard to manage)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 t vanilla
Note: This recipe yields 2 1/2 dozen balls. They are around 90 calories each.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Put bowl in refrigerator until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls; store in air-tight container in freezer or fridge.
Everyone in my house loves these! I mean really loves them! Even Samuel who sometimes does not like chocolate likes them!
I will admit that I did not add the sesame seeds because I don't like them and I only added about a 1/3 cup of coconut. Probably the best thing about the recipe is that it is easily tailored to suit anyone's taste.
I ate two along with my banana before my race last weekend and thought it was a wonderful pre-race meal. They filled me up and I was ready to go!
Make them soon, but be prepared to want to eat them all!