To be the best Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend, and Runner I can be...God willing!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to me!

A day to celebrate being a mom.  I think it is a good idea, but maybe a little over-rated.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I do love a little extra attention, fun homemade presents from the kiddos, and a special dinner.  But, isn't every day really Mother's Day.  When you become a mom there is no choice every single day...it is Mother's Day.  I feel that way when I am not with my sweet kiddos.  I love them every day and I know they love me every day.  I love them when I am with them and when I am not with them.  I am their mom forever...Every. Single. Day...and thank God for that!

Sometimes I think that holidays are not so much for the people being celebrated, but for those who try to make the day special for that person.   Emma, Jonah, and Samuel have been excited all week to bring home special gifts they made at school.  Emma created an entire book all about me, which was just amazing!  Jonah did some great artwork which his teacher attached to two different poems!  Samuel gave me a potted plant and his "all about me" book!  It was such a joy for me to see the excitement on their faces!

Emma insisted I not go running this morning.  She wanted to make me breakfast in bed.  I actually talked her into letting me run if I promised to shower and get back in bed.  Heaven forbid if I can't go running in the morning.  But, I was too tired and stayed in bed.  God knew what I needed (sleep) and He knew Emma needed me to stay in bed!  She woke up early to prepare.  Her breakfast was awesome...homemade buttermilk pancakes topped with fruit and yogurt with a glass of chocolate milk.  All I can say about my breakfast is YUM!

I really wanted to go running this morning because I got this last night for Mother's Day!

WOW!  I was so excited.  Does my family know me or what?  They know I love running and what a meaningful gift for me.  It solidifies my family's support of my running goals!

So, no running this morning.  I stayed home from church because Jonah is still sick.  We had a very leisurely morning which was so nice.  I did my mommy tasks...picking up the kitchen, laundry, and playing.  It was a fun morning.

I played "Set" and "Racko" with Emma and Jonah this afternoon.  Then Emma and I went shopping.  She loves to shop and she likes helping me find things.  It was so funny to see what Emma thought was stylish and cute compared to what I liked!  With some success we headed home so I could go running.  I HAD to try out my new watch.  It worked well!

I ran 8 miles in 1:14.13 with an average pace of 9:16 and burned 789 calories.  All that information on one screen...so exciting!  I choose 8 miles on purpose.  One mile each for Emma, Jonah, Samuel, Elena, and our baby in heaven.  Then one mile each for my moms and one mile for Drew's mom.

To end my perfect Mother's Day, Drew made an awesome dinner.   We had chicken satay with peanut sauce, salad from the garden, and broccoli.  It was so good!  The best part of dinner was dessert...homemade lemon berry shortcakes.  Look at this yumminess!

Elena and Emma like being goofy with the whipped cream!

My heart was full today.  I love being a mom.  It is the best job in the world for me.  Despite washing sheets with vomit on them on Mother's Day, I would not change anything for a second.  I am truly blessed with four amazing children and I am so thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment